Fereday Pollard are pleased to see the start of works at Old Street roundabout by Transport for London (TfL), and Islington and Hackney Council.
The final scheme is based on one which we developed with Urban Movement and for which we gained planning consent.
The work is expected to be complete by the end of 2020 and will involve:
- permanent closure of the the northwest arm of the roundabout to all traffic
- new public space with improved walking and cycling access to Old Street station
- closure of some of the subways around Old Street
- new surface-level pedestrian crossings
- two way operation of traffic through the re-designed junction
- fully segregated cycle lanes and cycle-only traffic signals.
View of our original scheme with new station access and public realm which we developed with Urban Movement and TfL … read more.